Thursday, March 31, 2011

In the Meantime...

I am currently up to my elbows with many little projects that are all half done. Does anyone else ever make that mistake? A couple weeks ago, I was on a roll and starting things left and right...then my steam just ran out and my office is now a disaster area of half completed projects and ideas.

So, while I try and refocus and motivate myself, I thought I'd leave you with some recent motivational and inspirational photos I've come across recently.

Shoreline Interiors
You know by now I hate Ursala, our big, black TV console. After painting our ugly orange-tinted end tables, I've known that the key to creating a cohesive living room is to paint the sea monster a light, soothing color like the dresser above.  I'm currently looking at paint colors and trying to talk John into helping me sand the massive beast.

letterperfectdesigns
I need a monogram in my home, but the typical ones seem too flat to me - hence why I never jumped on the monogram bandwagon.  I recently found this etsy shop where the monograms are made out of hundreds of buttons and I'm in love. There is depth, sparkle, interest...and I'm going to make something with that idea!

reference unknown
I've been drooling over embroidery projects lately and have been wanting to take a stab at it for a few months. I found on etsy (I lost the store info) and fell in love with him.  I think he'd look great in a child's bedroom with several other animal silhouettes or in the midst of a gallery wall.

flicker
I'm inspired by this picture of a jar with a miniature paper crane mobile inside.  I know just who I would give this to, too...looks like I'll have to remember my crane folding skills again!

3 comments:

Rebbie said...

I like all those ideas. The cranes in a bottle are especially pretty. If John won't help you, let me know and I'll pack my painting clothes. My craft room looks the same way right now...too many projects, too little time.

Jessa said...

Great ideas thanks for sharing them with us!

Anonymous said...

Since makeup is an art like painting, you need to have some inborn talent,
and sense as well, otherwise training alone may not help.
This is just what Lauren shows: what we can use, how
to use it, and its effect on our personalities. By joining
these institutes, one can not only learn about the usage
of beauty products but a person can also learn the techniques to apply the
products suiting to the occasion.

My web-site; makeup artist chair (https://onomasato.heteml.jp/)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...