Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's a Bird, it's a plane, it's a....Branch?


Do you remember this picture I teased you with two weeks ago?  Do you remember how we brought it home from a walk and I had big plans for it?  Well, it has undergone quite the transformation over the past two weeks!


First we spray painted it a lovely spring green color.


Then we felt as though some branches would look better if they were moved. So, we took out the saw and some super duper glue and replaced a couple branches that just weren't living up to their full potential.


The bright spring green color looked beautiful in the day time. Our living room is naturally very dark and that pop of bright helped lighten up the dark television corner (remember my hatred for Ursula, our television console?)  At night, though, that paint had a whole different personality. A glow-in-the-dark personality. It reminded me of the stars I had scattered around my ceiling as a teenager and I just couldn't stand it.  So, we repainted a darker hunter green.


This hunter green was lovely and definitely less glowing...however I missed that pop of fun.



During the branch brainstorm, I had envisioned decorating the tree with tiny lights and red berries during Christmas, buds during the spring...so in order to help the hunter green color out a little, I made some origami leaves in bright, cheerful colors to adorn the branch.


It's just the pop I was looking for! 


This branch is definitely outside my husband and I's comfort zone. We lean towards impressionism and landscapes when it comes to art and the branch seems as though it has a hint of modern flair.  We love it though! What do you think? Is a painted branch perfect for bringing nature into your home and personalizing it or is it too bold and weird for you?

23 comments:

Aisling said...

If I had wall space it's certainly something I'd consider but just like my garden, my house isn't all that big either.

Anna said...

This is such a great idea, and so easy! I have a new link party on Mondays, this would be perfect to link up, here's the link: http://www.askannamoseley.com/search/label/Weekend%20Warrior%20Link%20Party

Anna
www.askannamoseley.com

P.S. Returning your follow, your blog is great, so many good ideas! :)

Amanda Dale said...

Thanks so much for stopping by The Ivy Cottage Blog! I am following you now . . . love the branch . . . will be totally cute hung with ornaments for Christmas!
-Amanda

Kindra-At Home With K said...

What a fun piece to add as art! I love the colorful leaves you added. Thanks for linking up to Terrific Under Ten!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I love sticks and branches! (I even have a whole blog label for sticks!) Your wall art is great and the little leaves are just what it needed. Good job!

Alexis @ Persia Lou said...

I think the leaves are the perfect touch!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm an new follower!

Aleacia@Dilly-Dali Art said...

Wow, this is wonderful as wall art
I made a branch with leaves with my daughter awhile back and haven't figured out how I want to display it, this may be the perfect way!
http://dillydaliart.blogspot.com/2011/04/coffee-filter-tree.html

Lindsay said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am following you now as well. I love the branch idea, so creative!

Landeelu said...

Those leaves are great on there! Fantastic idea!

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

Ooooo, fabulous idea! Love it!
Thanks for linking up! I'll be featuring it! :)

lisbonlioness said...

Very pretty! I think that's exactly what I'll do on the wall behind the sofa.

Celeste said...

I like it! I agree with everyone else's comments, the leaves are perfect. :)

Suzie said...

love this!

Kath said...

I LOVE that shade of green. it's very pretty and your idea is so creative!

new follower!
kathryn @
thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

annies home said...

beautiful and perfect for spring

Katy @ Lolly Linens said...

so cute! I love it.

Lanell said...

I love the branch idea and the color is perfect. I could imagine every holiday, decorating that so cute. I found you from Jill at Funkyjunk. I am a new follower and enjoy looking at your blog. Especially those little fish you guys cooked up on your camping trip.

Lanell said...

I goofed up on the name of Jill's blog. I meant Junky Vagabond.

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Hello!
Wanted to let you know that I posted a link of your "apartment gardening" post in my most recent blog post :)

-Lindsay
Delighted Momma

Lindsey said...

Love that! What a fun and inexpensive way to decorate, thanks for sharing! :)

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

I love using branches in decor...great wall art!

Thanks for linking to Creative Juice Thursday...Hope to see you back again this week.

Anonymous said...

I like this - especially with the colorful leaves! Fresh and bright. I love using branches too in my home. Feels like the inside of the home is more connected with the outside. :)

Anonymous said...

golden goose
off white jordan 1
hermes belts
yeezy outlet
off white shoes
golden goose sale
off white t shirt
yeezy boost 350
bape clothing
bape shoes

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...