Thursday, April 14, 2011

Five Minute Art

It seems as though the theme of the week is quick and easy (and no, not me, my crafts). If I had a television show I'd entitle it, "Five Minute Crafting with Kristen".

We're in the process of re-doing our office gallery wall. Over the past few months we've collected several new pieces of art and wanted to incorporate them. I had painted a frame bright blue and needed something else to tie it in so it wouldn't look so lost and out of place.

Using the same blue I had painted the frame, I decided to paint a small canvas we had on hand. I printed out a LOVE from the internet, cut it out, and placed it on the canvas. Then, carefully, I painted around it, lifted it up, and voila! A pretty blue piece of art....that I traced from the internet.


This has been another episode of "Five Minute Crafting with Kristen."

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea! Love how quick and easy it is! I know that I, for one, am always looking for those kind of crafts because anything too involved gets tricky with a 2 year old running around.

Heather said...

Yay I'm gladI "tuned in" today! I'm all about the quick & easy ~ just don't have the patience for long & drawn out! :)

Heather @ Catfish Kisses

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

Super cute! I don't have the patience for anything that takes tooo long either, this is great!

Jenn said...

This would be cool to do with silhouettes. Thanks again for a cool idea.

Rebbie said...

I LOVE it. Remember when we saw that statue in Philadelphia?

Unknown said...

This turned out great!

Mcascio said...

Great job! Adorable, love the paint choice, too!

S said...

How did this episode sneak past me?! LOVE this idea!!!

Unknown said...

rolex watches
pandora outlet
fendi handbags
chaussures louboutin
beats by dr dre
red bottoms shoes
cheap uggs
cheap jordans
nike air max
cheap jordans
20170113

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...