Monday, April 18, 2011

DIY ADD

That is one abbreviation-filled title....but I digress...

Do you suffer from DIY ADD? This debilitating virus strikes crafters of all kinds and results in loss of production and an increased likelihood of a messy home, forgetfulness, and feelings of being overwhelmed.  Some doctors describe the biggest symptom simply as, "running around with your head cut off."  One is most likely to catch this virus when working on a large project, a boring project, or sometimes just a project.  Though DIY ADD, like all viral infections, is unable to be treated there are ways to treat the symptoms.  List making, schedule planning, and napping tend to help as do watching television and staring into space.  You may think that completing one project at a time is the perfect cure, however, that has never been successfully done by a DIY ADD sufferer.

Why is it that when I have a bigger sized diy project on my plate, I end up getting ADD and start a billion plus one additional projects? My weekend was a crazy blur of to do lists and Home Depot trips and painting mental pictures for my husband.  Not a single project was completed, but about 5,000 were started.

This is what I woke up to today:

We're pretty excited about this new project...
Even Layla started chipping in and helping
Remind me to tell you about my oil -based primer fiasco
Lead warning? Really?
Yeah...we're a mess over here!

Please tell me others suffer from the debilitating DIY ADD virus....

7 comments:

Dani said...

Wow! It looks like you had a super crazy weekend. I feel lazy now :)

I never finish anything I start (at least not for a good month or so anyway) You're not alone on that front. Although my DIY skills?? Not so good.

PicturePerfectPixies said...

Me too! So many ideas...so little time/execution....

Unknown said...

I love your post. This is my life in pictures, I swear! I am a self diagnosed ADD sufferer, and do the same thing. Just think how much less interesting your life would be if you didn't have a bunch of projects to work on/think about/get creative with!

Rebbie said...

Looks like a productive weekend. So, you didn't just sit out on your balcony and watch the storms? When I saw what your weather was really like I pictured you out there and got a little worried that you'd blow away!

Unknown said...

Hi, Kristen,
I wanted to let you know that I am passing along the Versatile Blogger award to you! I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your great ideas, so I'm sharing the love. :) Please visit my post http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/04/award.html to see yourself featured, get the rules, and play along by paying it forward to 6 other bloggers. Have a great day!

Karen said...

I so know what you mean lol. Thanks for stopping by. I'm now a follower.

Emd said...

Barcelona chair replica is my favorite style among all Leather sofa, you can learn more about furniture by emdfurniturecenter on it.
Leather sofa is my favorite style among all 2 seat sofa, you can learn more about furniture by Emd furniture on it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...