Thursday, April 7, 2011

Once a DIYer, Always a DIYer

DIY requires half business casual half pajama
To those of you who were reading my blog yesterday and those of you who notice some changes today...I spent yesterday playing around with my blog template/background/header/etc instead of writing a post.  I know absolutely nothing about html, websites, or blogs but I did know I was tired of my canned header and template.

So, I did what any diyer would do: shrugged my shoulders, rolled up my sleeves, and got my hands dirty.  I knew you all would understand exactly why I started tinkering with html code when I don't know the first thing about the language.  I knew you'd nod your heads when I complained that I couldn't get Picasa to do what I wanted, so I went into Microsoft Word instead.  I also knew you'd chuckle when I told you I must have redone my settings two billion times and I still don't like it but will keep tinkering until I get it right.

So, thanks to those who chuckled yesterday when you noticed I was working on my site and trying out new things. Thanks in advance to those who will continue to see things changed, then put back, then changed again.

While my sleeves are rolled up, here are some links for you:

      I want these hanging around my bedroom...
      If only I could do my hair like this...
      These warm fuzzies would be a lovely little gift...
      Do you love melted wax as much as I do?
      In case you don't go through all your firewood this winter...

5 comments:

Erin S. said...

Hi! Following you back! Thanks for the follow! Your blog is great and just what I need to read because I really want to learn to do more DIY!

Thanks again!

www.skirtofthemonthclub.com

Leontien said...

Hi Kirsten,

Thanks for coming over and finding me! Tonight i'm gonna read some of your posts and figure it all out ;-)

Thanks
Leontien

Unknown said...

i did this just a week ago! i was up all night tinkering & configuring & messing up... hahaha! i wish html was easier to understand... but i finally got my blog where i want it to be! yay, diy-ers! :D

Cherished Handmade Treasures said...

I'm a fellow DIY'er too! Thanks for following my blog. Following you back. Have a great day. http://cherishedhandmadetreasures.blogspot.com/

Rebbie said...

I love your outfit! And your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...