Friday, April 1, 2011

News Flash: Musicians like Music

When I dated my husband I knew he liked music. When we got married, I realized he loved music. He has octillions  trillions  thousands of songs downloaded on his computer as well as centillions (yes, real word) hundreds of CDs.  When you have as many CDs as he does, I did what any new wife would do...I packed them all in some boxes and hid them away from sight.

This arrangement has worked for two years but poor John has to dig out the boxes and search through all the CDs to find the one he's looking for.  See, the thing is I hate CD racks.  I think they look dinky and awkward and really, where do you put them in your home? Nowhere.  I'm a horrible wife....but my brain gears have recently been moving and I've been thinking about building a nice looking CD shelf for our septillion (real number - has 24 zeros) CDs.

PBTeen
I'm absolutely loving this rotating bookcase. It would hold our whole collection of CDs without taking up too much space.  Plus, the bright colors make me inspired and hopeful that it won't end up looking like a simple rack-o-CDs.

I New Idea Homepage
This is very unexpected and works as a piece of art as well. I'm loving how interesting it is but it just won't hold our CD collection (biggest holds 120 CDs).

Ikea
I've been wanting to invest in some larger, cohesive bookshelves and these allow you to mix both books and CDs.  I like the thought of combining them to create one big collection display.

World Trades
Another option for a rotating bookshelf. I can see us reproducing this DIY-style.

USHomeFurnishings
This CD holder looks upscale and doesn't give the dorm room vibe.  Not sure where we'd house it though - we have enough large pieces of furniture in our office with the double desk and bookcases.

Until we discover the answer, the CDs are safe and sound and, most importantly, hidden from sight in their falling apart moving boxes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the first one. Mucho.
Love, Leslie

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

The second one is cool and arty, but I love the first one! Great use of space and it looks cute too!

Discount Furniture Burbank said...

I love both of those ideas! The round one on the wall is awesome! I've never seen anything like that before!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...