Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Decoupage Collage

Last summer I bought several plastic pots from Target's clearance section. You can't beat $.60 for a pot, right? Fast forward a year and after the harps stopped playing as my irrational head-over-heels love for the cheap pots faded, I realized how ugly they are.  I haven't filled them with anything because I didn't want them in my house.  So, what began as a bargain 60 cents (times four pots) ended up being a waste of 60 cents (times four pots).

Well, I in the midst of a horrible case of DIY ADD (you should read all about the symptoms of this crafty virus to ensure you haven't caught the germ), I decided to do a little makeover.  Mod podge plus pretty paper plus paint equals awesome pot makeover. Really!

decorate plant pots

Thanks to my insane inability to throw away scraps of beautiful paper, I was able to make a collage of sorts on the pot.

decoupage pots

With all the random blank spots, I simply painted on my new favorite color of craft paint (Bird Egg) and voila!

decorate plant pots with decoupage border=

I started these flowers from seeds and now I can't remember what type of flowers they are. Guess we'll be surprised when they bloom!!



Check out the Linky Party tab to see what parties I link to regularly!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

I've got mod podge and some horrible containers... perhaps I need to get busy remaking them...

Amy C said...

What a great way to cover up the not so cute pot! I love it!

Rebbie said...

Great solution! You are so clever and brave. I'm always afraid I'm going to ruin things. I guess it's hard to ruin a 60 cent pot.

Ewa said...

I have lots of flower pots, that are just waiting to be decoupaged!

sewhappiness said...

Hi Cristen!! Thank you very much for coming over to my blog and leaving me such a lovely comment!!! This idea of yours is so awesome!! At first I thought that those were scraps of fabric!! I'm now following you also!! I can't wait to see more crafty beautiful ideas:)
Have a great day
xo
Eleni

Unknown said...

lebron james shoes 2016
coach outlet
kate spade handbags
coach factory outlet
ralph lauren
jimmy choo
polo ralph lauren outlet online
nike roshe
michael kors outlet clearance
birkenstocks
20170113

yanmaneee said...

hermes birkin
zx flux
moncler jacket
louboutin shoes
nike air max 97
nike air max 2017
jordan 6
longchamp
michael kors outlet online
nike huarache

Unknown said...

e0w98p1p53 n2u51t6o77 m1p45e6q82 s1i01k8k28 l8c43f5p85 m1y94b1w39

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...