Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Cats and Dogs Wednesday


It's raining. Actually, it's pouring cats and dogs. Usually I get sad on gloomy and dreary days but today, after days and days of sunshiny weather, I'm enjoying the morose feel of this Wednesday morning. The windows are open and I'm sipping my espresso as I listen to the splashing drops. Layla is sleeping on my feet, keeping them warm and punctuating the rain drops with her sighs of contentment.

I still have piles upon piles of projects in various forms of completion strewn about my house. This morning, as John was hurrying around, he tripped over a smaller pile. Being the supportive man he is, when I apologized for my chaotic explosions he simply smiled and said what you're creating is beautiful. I melted.

On the phone last night, I was telling my mother how incredibly jealous I am of the recipients of these projects I'm working on. My sister's birthday is next week and she is receiving some amazing things that I've contemplated just keeping for myself. She'd never know. My other sister will be receiving the most amazing dorm-related present ever and I only wish I had had something like it in my own dorm room. I've stolen a few of my mother's Christmas gifts to use until I give them to her because they are too sweet to put away until Christmas. I suppose the definition of a great gift is giving something you'd love to have yourself. Mission accomplished.

I hope you are all enjoying this lovely week.

2 comments:

Rebbie said...

I'm glad you're breaking in my presents for me (and hopefully not breaking them) before you lug them home for Christmas. I can't wait to see everything you've been working on.

Unknown said...

We are so VERY excited for you to come home for Christmas! We are planning a craft day (sometime before Christmas) which will include only paper crafts so they are light weight and flat for traveling home. My Cricut will be smoking by the end of the day I'm sure.
Love you and your blog.
XOXO

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...