After making this list I was able to see how easy being green is. You don't have to ride a bike 50 miles to work and only shop at Whole Foods to contribute positively to the environment. I thought I'd share the list I created with the hopes of showing you the small and easy things you probably do everyday to be green.
Our Easiest 25 Green Habits1. Hang laundry to dry.
Living in an apartment hinders this a great deal, but we do tend to drape clothes over doors, showers, etc
|The Alternative Consumer|
2. Do not accept plastic bags
We have a pile of cloth bags in both of our cars - however I will admit we forget to bring them in time and time again
3. Recycle paper, cardboard, metal, plastic, glass
It's a little inconvenient to do this in our apartment, but I do upcycle most of these things...all glass and cardboard get hoarded away for future crafts.
4. Convert to all CFL light bulbs
We love CFLs - they save money and last forever
5. Turn off lights we're not using
Biggest pet peeve of mine
6. Turn off water while rinsing/brushing
7. Reuse gift wrap
. I always save all tissue paper, pretty wrapping paper, and gift bags from my presents
8. Run dishwasher only when full - and turn off dry cycle
Saves both money and water
9. Turn water heater temperature down
10. Recycle, freecycle, consign, donate instead of trash
11. Use cloth napkinsWe just began this habit last year. Currently thinking of cutting down on paper towels for cleaning, too
12. Print on both sides of paper and re-use paper before recycling
We have a pile of scrap paper for notes or printing
13. Unplug appliances when not in use
We could be better with this
14. Use reusable water bottles
|Sustainable Living Group|
15. Use natural light for as long as you can in the evenings
16. Drive gently to get better mileage
I started doing this to save gas money in college and now it's a habit
17. Reduce hair dryer use
It's been tough, but I've broken my dependency
18. Grow your own vegetables
Our lettuce is almost ready for our first salad!
19. Flush less
Gross, yes, but it helps!
20. Keep heat at 59F in winter and 87F in summer
We do this mainly to save money
21. Clean with baking soda and vinegar
Just discovered this trick and am in love!
22. Shop at the local farmers market
|The Best of the South|
23. Make homemade meals (less packaging)
We make all our meals from scratch
24. Buy bulk products & refill to reduce packaging
25. Wash and re-use ziplock bags
Occasionally we do this..
So, even if you don't ride your bike 50 miles both ways to work or or use only 2 cups a water a day or make everything you own out of recycled trash you can still feel good about being green. Being green doesn't have to be hard and that makes me happy because I look pretty good in green.
All great suggestions. I'd like to add your link to my Wednesday features. Thanks for a good reminder and informative post.
Great post!! Great tips. Everyone needs to be doing this
atarax no prescription pharmacy [url=http://levitra-prix.webs.com/#9w9r]levitra avis[/url] [url=http://cialis-prix.webs.com/#7m8m]dapoxetine cialis[/url] purchase kamagra UK vao zithromax for sale USA qjj dapoxetine zithromax pas cher priligy pilules where can i buy kamagra no rx zqh
Post a Comment