Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Cards

As a child, I loved staring at our card display every year and reading the various letters people wrote updating us on their year. Never did I ever expect to be "grown-up" enough to send cards of my own. That was something families and old people did.


Well, last year John and I sent out our very first round of Christmas cards. It was fun to go through a list of people we loved, some we spoke to regularly, some we hadn't spoken to since our wedding. It was a way to tell them we are thinking of you. I greatly appreciate the cards I get from friends and family and I know they do, too.


This year, to further embrace our snowflake Christmas theme, I made homemade cards.  With my newly developed awesome snowflake making skills (seriously, after cutting hundreds for our non-tree Christmas tree and other various decorations, I'm a pro.) I whipped out some teeny snowflakes.  They were adorable and looked simple yet festive glued onto colorful cardstock.

6 comments:

Q @ JAQS said...

What a great project. Simple and effective.

If you get a chance - love for you to link up to my "Made by ME" linky party: http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/12/made-by-me-9-linky-party-and-features.html

Rebbie said...

Very simple and pretty. My Christmas cards are printed to look like fancy cut out paper but yours put them to shame.

Jill said...

Hi Kristen! I featured your blog on my blog today, and awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award. If you'd like to check it out, here's the link: Versatile Blogger Award
--Jill
from Jill Made It

Unknown said...

mulberry handbags
ugg outlet
adidas outlet
pandora jewelry
michael kors outlet clearance
kobe shoes
michael kors outlet
canada goose
pandora jewelry
michael kors canada
20170113

furnitureretro said...

dsfagfhfjdfhfd
conference room chairs
hanging chair
leather chair
chaise lounge sofa
modern coffee table

Anonymous said...

Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article.
job gurantee course

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...